Monday, September 1, 2008

Here I am again! This is becoming a habit...

Have just got back from a Christian conference of 3 thousand people in Katoomba called "Engage". It was aimed at working people, so it had relevance to being a Christian in the workplace. Got to hear some great teaching from some awesome speakers, sing along with a great band and had lots of fun with some friends on a road trip. What a whirlwind though! One of the speakers, who I'd been told about a few weeks ago and had started to listen to on the internet, I actually got to meet! I was really stoked about that, I can tell you!

So, a great few days of teaching that has given me a few challenges to move along with...

Crash, the joey is going along great! She gets bigger each day and seems to eat more too. I love the way she hops after me now and I think soon she will want to be out of the pouch more. Will have to start thinking about building the enclosure for her!

We finally got some rain here again! I think its been nearly 3 months since we've had anything decent. Probably longer, actually. So, I came home to see that we had about 50 mls in the gauge. Already there is a lot of green popping up out of the ground. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly this country can recover with a bit of decent rain! Now, if we can just get some follow up!

I went out for a ride last Monday...hadn't been over the levy bank for nearly six weeks! So, it was nice to get out for a few hours. Went up the road that I am still waiting for them to finish a couple of kilometres of bitumen on so I can go up the windy bits up the big hill! I took some photo's of the hills...







This one is a recent sunset...we sure get some gorgeous ones here!


No comments: